- Recurring Dates and Notices
- (Bi-weekly) Midweek Communion -10:30 am, Wed. Mar. 29 and Apr. 12
- (Monthly) Church Council Meeting - Thursday April 13, 7 pm
- (Monthly) Ladies Breakfast - Third Saturday, 9 am, Ricky’s All-Day Grill
- (Weekly) Confirmation Classes - Wednesdays, 6:30 pm
- (Weekly) Quilting - every Thursday at 9:30 am. All are welcome!
- (Weekly) Soup Supper and Faith Talk – Thursdays at 5:30 pm during Lent (NO SERVICE ON MARCH 30th)
- (Weekly) Choir Practice - Thursdays at 7:00 pm
2. Membership at LCM – If you would like to take membership at LCM please talk to Pastor Tim. You can become a member by transferring from another Lutheran or Anglican church, or by affirming the Gospel as proclaimed by the Creeds and Lutheran Confessions.
3. Lenten Soup Suppers are back! Each Thursday during Lent, join us for soup suppers starting at 5:30 pm. Sign-up to bring soup (in the church foyer). (NO SERVICE ON MARCH 30th)
4. Compost Workshop - a community outreach project in conjunction with the Calgary Compost Club. Share the invitation with anyone who might like to learn about thermophilic composting. April 15, 16, 19, 22 and 25. Register at compostclub.ca/#events. Suggested donation of $25 for all five sessions. You’ll leave with a 5 gallon buck of high quality compost to use on your own garden, potted plants or lawn.
5. Holy Week Dates - Palm/Passion Sunday 11 am, Maundy Thursday Soup 5:30 pm and Service 7 pm, Good Friday Service 11 am, Easter Sunday Brunch 9 am, Holy Communion 11 am
6. A Special Request from SWARM! Bohdan and Anastasia and their sons Danilo (15) and Matvii (9) need a place to stay when they arrive in Calgary on APRIL 12th. They escaped to Slovakia and have been sheltered by the Lutheran church there for a few months. They need some temporary accommodation while they get settled in our city and find their own place to live. SWARM will assist with the settlement tasks. Can you help? For more info contact us at email@example.com
7. Missed a Service? The sermon for this Sunday, March 26th, has been prepared and shared by Lutheran Pastor John Boyd who currently serves St. George's Anglican in Kamloops, BC. The YouTube video for direct sharing and posting online is here: sermon