Jun23FriJune 23, 2023
- Recurring Dates and Notices
- (Bi-weekly) Midweek Communion -10:30 am, Wed. July 5th and 19th. (No mid-week services in August)
- Church Council Meetings - Council will reconvene August 24th
- (Monthly) Ladies Breakfast - Third Saturday, 9 am, Ricky’s All-Day Grill
- (Weekly) Airdrie House of Prayer - Wednesdays 12-1 pm St. Francis Anglican
2. June Airdrie Food Bank Donations
A big thank you to all those who brought donations for the Airdrie Food Bank this month! A sizable donation of much needed items will be delivered to the Food Bank next week.
3. Calling Choir Members Calgary Area Church Choir
The Lutheran National Convention and Anglican General Assembly is being held in Calgary June 26-July 2. Dr. Joy Berg, choral conductor, along with fellow musicians are looking for singers to form a Calgary-area church choir for the July 2 Sunday closing celebration worship service at the University of Calgary. Please speak to Pastor Tim if you are interested or want more information
4. Airdrie Pregnancy Centre – is collecting baby bottles and donations. You can drop your bottle off at the church office on Sunday or at the Pregnancy Centre during business hours.
5. National Convention (for Lutherans) and General Assembly (Anglicans)
For the week of June 26-July 2, here in Calgary. My name is Dr. Joy Berg, and I am the Lutheran musician for the convention, and - along with Ben (another Lutheran) and Neil (Anglican musician) - we would like to invite you to become part of a Calgary-area church choir for the Sunday morning closing celebration worship service, to be held at the University of Calgary. The rehearsal will be June 25 (Sunday evening) 7-8:30pm at Hope Lutheran Church (3527 Boulton Rd NW), and a 'reminder rehearsal' will take place the morning of the worship service, July 2, at 7:45am (place TBA yet). We will be leading in the music for the service as well as singing a couple of anthems for this special worship time. I am hoping for an SATB choir of 30-40 singers from the Lutheran, Anglican, and Moravian churches around Calgary.I am a choral conductor, professor emeritus of Concordia University of Edmonton, and am very much looking forward to gathering together to be part of the celebration of collaboration for our churches during this convention! I hope you can join us.