Weekly Update - February 26thFebruary 24, 2023
- Filed Under:
- Weekly Updates
- Recurring Dates and Notices
- (Bi-weekly) Midweek Communion -10:30 am, Wed. Mar. 1 and Mar. 15
- (Monthly) Church Council Meeting - Thursday March 9, 7 pm
- (Monthly) Ladies Breakfast - Third Saturday, 9 am, Ricky’s All-Day Grill
- (Weekly) Confirmation Classes - Wednesdays, 6:30 pm
- (Weekly) Quilting - every Thursday at 9:30 am. All are welcome!
- (Weekly) Soup Supper and Faith Talk – Thursdays at 5:30 pm during Lent
- (Weekly) Choir Practice - Thursdays at 7:00 pm
2. Membership at LCM – if you would like to take membership at LCM, please talk to Pastor Tim. You can become a member by transferring from another Lutheran or Anglican church, or by affirming the Gospel as proclaimed by the Creeds and Lutheran Confessions.
3. Bishop Larry invites lay and rostered leaders to join him in a Synod-wide online Bible study: each Tuesday in Lent beginning February 27th at 9:00am or 7:00pm. Registration and Information
4. Lenten Soup Suppers are back! Starting March 2 and each Thursday during Lent, join us for soup suppers starting at 5:30 pm. Sign-up to bring soup (in the church foyer).
5. Missed a Service? Attached is a sermon prepared and shared by Rev. Kayko Driedger Hesslein, PhD. who serves as the Hordern Professor of Theology at Lutheran Theological Seminary Saskatoon. She has prepared YouTube videos of the Gospel reading and sermon available here:
Sermon - Sermon Gospel - Gospel reading
6. The Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthier Life - Family Life Church is leading this bible study Wednesdays in the portables at 7pm, Starting March 1, 2023.