- Recurring Dates and Notices
- Confirmation Wednesdays at 6 pm on Zoom
- Quilting Group - Thursdays, 9:30-11:30 am (Bring your own coffee)
- (Bi-weekly) Youth group Feb. 24, 6:30pm (Text Pastor Mitch 403-462-5878)
- (Bi-weekly) Midweek Communion - 10:30 am, Mar. 2, Mar 16
- (Monthly) Church Council Meeting - 2nd Thurs. of the month, 7pm
- (Monthly) Ladies Breakfast - 3rd Sat. of the month, 9am, Ricky’s All-Day Grill
2. Lenten Choir Practice
- Choir practice before church 10:15-10:45 am and on Thursday evenings from 7-8
3. COVID Guidelines:
Church council is asking that we continue with our current masking practice until March 10th. At that point the council will assess the situation and recommend next steps. Next steps might include: permission to remove masks in worship and meetings, handshakes, coffee time, Lenten soup suppers and Sunday potlucks. Rental groups will determine their own practices in compliance with provincial guidelines.
4. MISSED A SERVICE? The sermon for this coming Sunday, March 6th, the first Sunday of Lent was prepared by Pastor Jane Gingrich who Hills of Peace in Kamloops, BC. Here is the link to the YouTube video for direct sharing: https://youtu.be/YbwCVvgwV80
5. 2022 Registration is Open
- New procedures are in place for COVID-19, and we continue to make adjustments as necessary.
- Kids, Youth, Adult, and Family programs are available - there’s something for everyone. Families are encouraged to visit our website to review 2022 program listings.6. Staff Applications
- We are accepting applications for our 2022 Staff Team
- We would appreciate referrals of leaders in your community who may be interested in a summer of service, growth, and ministry.
- Teen leaders should check out our Leaders in Training program!
6. Youth Retreat
- Our Annual Youth Retreat is March 11 to 13
- This year's retreat is being planned and led by one of our Interns, Alexa Gomez. Get ready for a fun time with lots of games, activities, and songs with silly words and actions!
- Bring your confirmation students or youth group for a weekend of time set apart for community.
- Confirmation Groups can choose to join main sessions with the youth, or use those times to work through some of their confirmation materials.
7. Online Bible Studies
Kuriakos has partnered with ministry leaders across the Church to offer study and conversation series. Each series is 4-8 sessions, with guest lectures and interactive opportunities for learning in community.
- Thursdays, 9 am or 7 pm
- March 3 - April 7: Lenten Devotions.
- Join Art and Kendra as we explore the Gospel Readings for this Lent Season, guided by "Daily Devotions" from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
8. Host a Camp Sunday!
- Our staff would be honoured to join your congregation for a “Camp Sunday” in support of our partnership in ministry.
- We can help with songs, liturgy, camp messages, etc.
- You can also access a recorded service on our website.
As always, we’re happy to host volunteers as well. We can always find projects with our property or programs. Thanks for your help in this community.
9. Camp Kuriakos Upcoming Programs
- Lenten Devotions - Thursdays in March and April
- Youth Retreat - Friday to Sunday, March 11-13
- Women's Retreat - Friday to Sunday, April 1-3
- Kuriakos Gathers Together - Saturday, April 30, 4:30pm
- Homeschool Days - Last Monday of the month (Jan-May, Sept-Nov)
You can access all the information and tools you need in our Google Drive folder